Forgot iPhone SE/5s/5c/5/4 passcode? Unlock with 3 methods
What to do when you forgot your iPhone SE/5s/5c/5/4 password? If you enter the wrong passcode into your iPhone device six times in a row, you will be locked out of your iPhone and a message saying: iPhone is disable try again in a minute.
How to unlock iPhone when forgot password? Here this article will show you 3 methods:
- Method1: Unlock iPhone passcode and restore it with iTunes
- Method2: Unlock iPhone with iTunes from Recovery mode
- Method3: Unlock iPhone through Find My iPhone
The best way to bypass iPhone passcode is to erase all of the data including the forgotten passcode and then restore it with backup without losing any data. However if can't restore your iPhone from a backup or can't sync it with other device, all the data including contacts, photos on your iPhone will be lost.
Method1: Unlock iPhone passcode and restore it with iTunes
1. Open iTunes, and connect your locked iPhone to computer with USB cable.
2. Click on the "Device" icon to open your iPhone's Summary tap.
3. Wait for your iTunes to sync with your iPhone and make a backup. Click "Back Up Now"; if it doesn't sync automatically.
(If you have not synced your iPhone with this computer before and it asks for passcode, you may need to unlock iPhone with iTunes from Recovery mode.)
4. Click on "Restore iPhone".
(If your Find My iPhone is on, it will be required to turn off before the restoring. Go Settings → iCloud, scroll down to the bottom of screen and tap on "Find My iPhone" to turn it off. If you can't open your iPhone to turn off Find My iPhone, go to see Method 2 or method 3.)
5. Click on Restore → Next → Agree to begin the resetting process.
This process will take several minutes since iTunes is erasing and installing iOS on your iPhone.
6. When reach the Set Up screen on your iPhone during the restoring process, tap on "Restore from iTunes backup".
7. Go to iTunes, select your device, and select the latest backup to restore your iPhone.
(If you have encrypted your backup with password, you may be required to enter the password before restoring, if you also forgot your iTunes backup password, get Cocosenor iTunes Password Tuner to recover password.)
Method2: Unlock iPhone with iTunes from Recovery mode
If you have never synced your iPhone with iTunes or your are blocked with the passcode, you might need to reset your iPhone from Recovery mode to erase all data and settings. If using this way, you can't sync and back up your iPhone, so you won't be able to restore it.
1. Open iTunes, and connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable.
2. For iPhone SE/5s/5c/5/4, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time to fore restart it. Keep holding both buttons until you see the Apple logo and the Recovery mode screen.
3. Go back to iTunes, you will see the following message box pops up, click on "Restore".
4. Click on Next, Agree to begin resetting process.
5. Wait for the process to finish, and follow the instructions on your iPhone screen to set up and use your iPhone.
Method3: Unlock iPhone through Find My iPhone
If you have turned on Find My iPhone, you can reset your iPhone to factory settings from iCloud to reset your iPhone passcode. If Find My iPhone is not on, iCloud would not detect your iPhone device and can't help to erase data from your iPhone.
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer with USB cable, and go to iCloud.com. Log into with your Apple ID and password
2. Click on "Find iPhone", and enter password to sign in again.
3. Click on "All Device" on the top of window to select your iPhone.
4. Click on Erase iPhone → Erase to reset your iPhone.
5. Wait for erasing process to finish. And follow the instructions on the iPhone screen to select Restore iPhone from iCloud backup if you have backup your iPhone to iCloud before, or set up as new.
Tips: During the process, make sure your iPhone connect to Wi-Fi, or cellular network.
- How to unlock encrypted iPhone backup without password if forgot password
- How to completely backup iPhone 7Plus, 7, 6Plus, 6, SE, 5s, or 4s to computer through iTunes
- How to restore iPhone from iCloud or iTunes backup for 7Plus, 7, SE, 6Plus, 6s
- Three options to reset iPhone 7Plus, 7, SE, 6Plus, 6s to factory settings
- Unlock iPhone 7plus/7/6plus/6s without the passcode when forgot password
- Forgot iPad Pro/Air/mini passcode reset with 3 methods